Sensing the need for a united voice of Christian women in the Church and society, to take up issues of justice and human rights of women, build sisterhood and solidarity, be a voice for Christian women the poor and the marginalized at the national level, the Indian Christian Women’s Movement was launched.
Streevani has been organising national and regional level seminars, workshops and consultations for women in development sector. Relevant issues are taken up through women lawyers forum and other likeminded groups. It also networks with organisations like CRI, IWTF, CBCI women's commission and forum of religious for justice and peace.
As a dynamic movement, we are committed to the following objectives:
- Be an advocacy group that can speak out with one united voice against violence, for the protection of the rights and dignity of women in civil and ecclesial structures.
- Promote capacity-building for women’s social, cultural, political and ecclesial leadership and facilitate the mainstreaming of women’s knowledge and knowledge building.
- Partner with existing Christian women’s organizations in order to create a joint perspective on gender justice and feminist theologizing, strategies for ecological restoration and social transformation.
- Establish a bridge between women’s organizations and Church organizations as well as interfaith initiatives that address women’s concerns.
- Organise national and regional programmes, seminars, consultations on various issues
- Create forums of religious women
- Sustain Religious lawyers forum